Our Privacy Principles:
- We do not sell or rent your personal information.
- We do not share your personal information with companies who want to market their products or services to you.
- We do not allow those who do business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We require all entities providing products or services on our behalf to protect customer information.
- We do not share your medical information unless you expressly authorize it, it is permitted or required by law, or your application, policy, or contract with us permits disclosure
- All customers (former, existing, and potential) receive the same privacy protections.
Information We May Collect and Use:
Private and nonpublic personal information is the information about you that cannot be obtained from public sources such as telephone directories or government records. We seek to collect and use only information that is necessary to conduct our business, advise you of our products and services, provide you with customer service, and confirm your identity. We may gather nonpublic information about you through sources such as:
- Applications, forms, and medical exams and tests that you complete.
- Policies, certificates, and contracts for products that you have with us.
- Written, electronic, telephone, and other communications.
How We Use Information About You:
We use your personal information to:
- Process your application (including underwriting, rating, and issuance determinations).
- Process your claims.
- Provide customer service.
- Offer additional products that may suit your needs.
Confidentiality of Medical Information:
You may have a special concern about the privacy and protection of your medical information. We only use and share personally identifiable medical information for the following purposes:
- To underwrite life insurance and make eligibility, risk rating, and policy/certificate/contract issuance determinations.
- To administer your policy/certificate/contract or claim.
- For other purposes as required or permitted by law, such as in response to legal process.